036 pro surprise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully56

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I've been looking around for another 036 pro I already have one but wanted another. I wasn't having any luck local so I looked on eBay which I never do because you have no idea what your getting and they are way over priced. I saw a a very nice saw on there looked very clean which is hard to find and was priced not to bad $330 a little high, but post said hasn't been started in years red flag to me but the saw is so clean! so what to do. Well I rolled the dice and bought it since I was having no luck finding anything else worth buying, and man was it a good choice. Saw showed up in awesome shape! with gas in it ( he didn't even drain it haha) so I dump it out put new gas in it with new plug and turn the high and low screws to factory setting one turn out. Around six pulls later she fires right up and runs and idles awesome so I shut it down yank the muffler to look at the piston and just like everything else on the saw its in immaculate shape. I think this saw was maybe ran once or twice tops then put in the garage and left I'm gonna try and contact the guy to get the story on it if I can. I just had to tell someone so I posted it up here,just got lucky I guess. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I'd say it needs to be on the You Suck thread! Too nice! WAY too nice. You just fell face first into that one!

Cliff

Now send it to @Chainsaw Jim and make it sing!

I built mine and ported it 8 - 10 years ago,it was the easiest saw ever to get great gains on and would flat out outcut a stock 044 I had at the time. The OP has a fine looking specimen there, they are a great saw for wood in the 12" to 20" range.

Ya I'm thinking I'm going to port my other 036 pro first and see how that goes never done it before, but it doesn't look to bad to do. This one is staying stock except muffler mod until I'm a little more confident with porting it.

Damn that's a nice saw. I'd say it's very well worth the money spent.
Springfield Oregon huh thats not far from me I'm down in coos bay if I run into issues I might look you up on the port job. What does port job run? Only kicker is I would want to be part of the process very curious on how it's done hope that wouldn't be a deal breaker haha

Springfield Oregon huh thats not far from me I'm down in coos bay if I run into issues I might look you up on the port job. What does port job run? Only kicker is I would want to be part of the process very curious on how it's done hope that wouldn't be a deal breaker haha
I'm fine with all that. PM sent.

You may want to consider adding the outer bumper spike. I did this with my 034 AV that I added the 036 top end to when I upgraded and saved it:

This saw was in pieces when I started working on it. Now I have a hard time not using it.
Clean saw! Did you leave it stock? Port? Muffler mod?

Clean saw! Did you leave it stock? Port? Muffler mod?
I left it stock. The top end 036 upgrade was such a vast improvement that I used the old adage that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". However, I have some plans. Right now it cuts about dead even with my 361 and works as a perfect backup. The lack of a decomp means almost nothing. Once warm, I can drop start it every time.

Last week I noodle cut in half 10 big ash rounds and 10 mulberry rounds and she never bogged down while pulling a 20" B/C, full chisel. That's an important task for me these days.

Latest posts

Back