038 AV Magnum II Oiler problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 038 hasnt been spitting out much oil. I just turned the oiler out to the left about ten full turns and still not that much oil is coming out. Also the bar and chain get very hot very quickly.

My 025, 192T and the 372's I use at work spit it out so much you can see it fly off the end of the bar. This 038 only uses a half tank of oil to a full tank of gas what gives?

I took the whole dust cover and sprocket and everything off then removed the pump amd the plastic gear on it. There was no hose or screen just a little ball bearing in the back. am I missing something? I disnt see it on the breakdown of the saw either just the pump is on thee no hoses or anything.

Here ya go_On pg 2,which is picture jpg,part #6 is the check valve.On the end of the pick up tube,which is in the oil tank is a filter.It's a pain to get off and on,but it could possibly be plugged.I use a small piece of tube with a string looped through for this tedious operation.

turn,turn,turn,turn

You turn the the adjust around about ten times?
The pump adjuster should only turn about 1/4 to 1/2 half tun. The pin on top of the adjuster id broken, reolace it , clean the pump and reassemble, cleaning all passages. You will probably find a passage plugged under the pump gasket.

Yeah I noticed the pin on the top. should it be up on the little hill of the stopper or behind it against the wall part of the stopper?

just so happened to have a new pump laying in the desk here.

Back