038 Mag II on the way.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 038 Magnum ll Chainsaw | eBay

Should be arriving in a week or so. After she arrives I was going to picking up a case to ride her in and maybe 20 inch bar on her after I try her out.

I am looking for tips on inspecting her. Any suggestions?
nice saw hope compression etc checks out good.You will like this saw,trust me.I have one bigger and 3 smaller and the mag 2 is the shizzzz. not as hot as a 044 or 440 but real close.Have it ported and watch it scream or leave it stock and still smile when the saw with a sharp chain cuts like its going to be with you for a while PS Welcpme to AS. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

Last edited:
Update

Update: She has arrived. Cranked up in a few pulls then it started. She leaks gas. A little from the cap which I cleaned up. So it's a very little but now. But it appears leakage from the back of the tank as well. Right below the throttle trigger in between the joint.

Any suggestions?

it doent hold up to well because of vibrations !

your better off going with a new tank

oem are around 140 to 180

and a/m are about 80 but they look cheap

its kinda bad design

my 2 cents

Did you contact the seller? Was it boxed poorly and damaged in shipping or look like it was leaking before?

Local shop said $204 for the new tank/handle. Holy Crap.

Sent seller a email. I've put some gasket sealing compound on it as a temporary fix. I hope it will work.

I picked up a good used tank off eBay for an 031, cheap. Check there.

I looked on eBay. I guess I was looking in the wrong area.

Found a new one locally for $150.

I picked up a good used tank off eBay for an 031, cheap. Check there.

An 031 tank fits an 038? Heck I've got an 031 that I had little desire to keep, if the tank will fit my 038 guess I'd better keep it.

Lol. My comment was to check eBay for a used tank. I have no idea if an 031 tank will fit.

What did the. Seller say? You paid top dollar for that saw it should have been mentioned or the seller should be held responsible. Putting crap all over the tank was not the best thing to do if eeeeeBay is going to get involved

Looking at the ebay ad it never says anything about a gas tank leak

contact the seller for a refund or a reduction in price

let him know what you found when you gased it up

see if he'll work with ya

ebay bummer !

Waiting for sellers response.

The nipple that goes to the gas tank in the carburetor compartment is seems to be missing a tube that should connect to something.

The sealer is holding up fine for right now.

Latest posts

Back