038 missing chain tensioner parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Chain tensioner.jpg

OK, my saw came to me with just the pictured tensioner parts...plus the oiler plate and its screw.

The IPL looks like I also need two missing parts:

#1 Collar screw M8 0000 953 6605
#4 Clamp 118 021 9000

Are those two parts part of the tensioner assembly?

Thanks,

Roy

Part number 4, the "clamp", is a small piece of nylon/plastic which holds the "adjusting screw" part number 2 down.
I made one for my neighbors 038AV.
He lost the "clamp" and it caused the "adjusting screw" part number 2 to bend so much it couldn't be turned more than 1/4 turn forth and back.
I don't know whether I took pictures of the custom made "clamp", I'll take a look.

Part number 4, the "clamp", is a small piece of nylon/plastic which holds the "adjusting screw" part number 2 down.
I made one for my neighbors 038AV.
He lost the "clamp" and it caused the "adjusting screw" part number 2 to bend so much it couldn't be turned more than 1/4 turn forth and back.
I don't know whether I took pictures of the custom made "clamp", I'll take a look.
A pic of the OEM, or homemade, clamp would be appreciated.

So, that plastic chunk goes between the un-threaded part of the adjustment screw (where I am pointing in attached pic) and the oiler plate. Right?

Yes, I know they don't call it the "oiler plate."Clamp location.jpg

Latest posts

Back