038S top end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weesa20

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a 038 super- scored piston, not sure about jug. What's the recommended replacement? Meteor? Looks like tecomec makes a p&c kit. Hyway? Oem is prob crazy $ if even available. I would bye okay putting the Magnum p&c on with slotted holes if that's the recommended fix. Others?

Thanks for any help.

I think I have a parts saw with a good cylinder and piston if you want used OEM?

Picked up a 038 super- scored piston, not sure about jug. What's the recommended replacement? Meteor? Looks like tecomec makes a p&c kit. Hyway? Oem is prob crazy $ if even available. I would bye okay putting the Magnum p&c on with slotted holes if that's the recommended fix. Others?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the responses- hoping for either a good used mag jug or salvage my jug and meteor piston.

Jug is usable so I'll just throw a piston in it and flip it I think. Needs a little tlc but it has the Bing carb so I'm pretty happy.

Could just keep it as a big bar backup for the ms441 but I think the ma361 or 362 will out cut it anyway. Biggest bar it will pull with full skip 3/8 RS in hardwood?

Got the piston out when I got home. Looks like detonation to me with debris from the crown causing damage to the piston. Very little alloy transfer to the cylinder so I don't think it was an air leak or straight gas. Intake side has a little damage and exhaust has one big trench, sides seem to be the worst.

Back