041 av super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arborman

arborman

ArboristSite Member
can you guys tell me anything about this saw? the 041 av super? Any good? i had one given to me. needs a bar chain and oiler and a tune up .. but nothing major. EIther way im going to get it goin again.. just wondering what i should expect from it . the guy gave it to me because it looks somewhat old and he doesent want to spend the money for the bar , chain and oiler. So i geuss i got me a new saw. i also have a homelite EZ 6. or something like that.. the things a tank! havent had it appart yet to see why it doesetnt run.. i thikn it pry just sat to long! anyways im going to read the other posts now! see ya guys!

Bar Burnner

Bar Burnner

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello arborman, I have never seen a 041 super. I have used an 041 on sevral occasions and have found it to be a VERY RELIBALE saw. I see in my repair manual that the 041 super is shown to be a 72cc saw 48 mm bore 40mm stroke wich is a pretty good size saw. rite up there in fact with the 038 mag 044 and 372 husky ! Check and see if there is a rubber pick up hose that may have gone bad inside the oil tank.I would put a 20 in. bar & chain on the thing and it should do a very good job for ya! Talk with sonny on this forum i know he is very fond of the 041 . They realy are a well built saw .

fun_chopper

fun_chopper

ArboristSite Operative
Dont get rid of it

I collect chainsaws, and the 041 super is a rare saw, produced only in germany (so I am told) but mine is worth excellent condition .well lets just say I could buy a brand new 088 with 36" bar for what its worth.