041 learned new trick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcars2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
after sitting about a week you have to prime the saw to get it started. takes about two times and then you are set for the rest of the day. tank after tank, no problem. just the initial startup after sitting. any suggestions........again, just the ravings of a lunatic...........

Old age perhaps.I myself don't start as easy as I used to. :) On a serious note,it's more than likely that the check valve portion of the fuel pump portion of the carb is a bit stiff.Get a rebuild kit,normally 10 bucks or cheaper,and about a 20 minute job.If I recall,it's a Tillotson model HS,which is a very common and time tested carb.Stihl would carry the kits,for a price,of course,Baileys ,most likely would be cheaper,as well as about a zillion sites on the internet.The part,in reference,is number 10 on the drawling..Good luck!

badcars2 said:
after sitting about a week you have to prime the saw to get it started. takes about two times and then you are set for the rest of the day. tank after tank, no problem. just the initial startup after sitting. any suggestions........again, just the ravings of a lunatic...........
Funny, thats exactly how I start saws that havent got any fuel in the carbs without pullling the rope a million times. I dunno, I guess I'm just lazy.
I just pour some gas down the carb throat, and pull a few times. works REALLY well.

Latest posts

Back