041 super chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eguinn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can change the 404 chain over to a 3/8 chain buy changing the drive sprocket. If this is possible does anyone know what the p/n would be for the sprocket? I know parts for this saw are hard to come by. Thanks, Ed

yes but

Hey guys, does anyone know if I can change the 404 chain over to a 3/8 chain buy changing the drive sprocket. If this is possible does anyone know what the p/n would be for the sprocket? I know parts for this saw are hard to come by. Thanks, Ed

Yes it is simple but you need a 3/8 bar. I just helped a friend do this the other day and all the parts are available from Oregon. But his was a rim.#68210 Check out there web page they should have it on there.

Bailey's sells the rim sprocket kits as well. The 041 seems to have changed at a certain serial number, so take note of yours before you order. Being a super, I'd guess you would have one of the higher serial numbers. The bar should only need to change if it is a sprocket nose. Oh, and if you're converting to a rim sprocket, don't forget the bearing.

-John

Back