• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 044/440 046/460 carb, both side covers, oil pump, top and filter covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawPonder

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for used parts, I think I may need clutch and drum I’ll have to look

Have tons of nos parts to trade or can pay cash

What NOS parts do you have. I’ve an early 10mm slant fin (mahle) that I just rebuilt over the last few weeks.

Some of them parts your looking for can still be got new from the dealers. We only checked recently for the top non decomp cover and that’s discontinued. The oil pump can definitely be got.
I'm not looking for anything.
Not sure the OP knows what he is looking for.

Main reason I posted on here was to see if it was worth rebuilding (I know it is) but the crankcase is beat up and my buddy was interested in it. Trying to figure out if I should keep it or not.
Is the crank good?
Take it out and clean it with solvent. Get it dry and check the connecting rod for play. If they flop sideways, its over. Up and down means the rod stretched or the bearing is whopped. Either way you need a crank. You can do it in the case but you can't inspect the main journals under the crank bearings. If one bearing is spun it can ruin the shoulders or the journal. Inspect the crank and then decide.

You can buy new AM cases cheap.

I've got a parts 044 that I believe is complete minus the tank. It's in well-used shape but I think I have everything listed, but I'd have to double check. I intended to rebuild it but found some broken ears and stripped threads in one of the cases and personally don't care enough for the 044's to go through the effort/expense.

I've got a parts 044 that I believe is complete minus the tank. It's in well-used shape but I think I have everything listed, but I'd have to double check. I intended to rebuild it but found some broken ears and stripped threads in one of the cases and personally don't care enough for the 044's to go through the effort/expense.
Would you care to send some pictures over?

Back