044 air filter question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I like 'em. I had three at one time but my buddy kept buggin me to sell him one. I figured, well I only have two hands. One is going down to Randy for some hybrid action in about a month.

IMG-20121208-00178.jpg

Nice triplets!

Oh yeah ?
2 middle ones are hybrids ,the one on the right has 10mm guts ,it is going to be a hybrid also once the jug comes home from the builder ...I have another top cover for that saw for the decomp hole ,all have 461 handlebars ,they have more room and balance better with a 32 inch then the 440 wraps 461 440 005.JPG

Brian, I remember seeing the vid of your hybrid saw after Randy had a go at it. It's what really made me want one. Early Sept it'll finally happen!

Nice trips there, but I'm not a fan of the wraps. I've tried them on a couple of my saws then sold or traded the handles back to half wrap. How does the 461 compare to the hybrids?

Nice saws there Brian, but don't you have to convert to 12 mm to make a hybrid?

My 10s run so nice the way they are, I'm leaving them alone, but I don't cut the "big wood" that you cut. However, I do have the 046 and it is ported!

Brian, I remember seeing the vid of your hybrid saw after Randy had a go at it. It's what really made me want one. Early Sept it'll finally happen!

Nice trips there, but I'm not a fan of the wraps. I've tried them on a couple of my saws then sold or traded the handles back to half wrap. How does the 461 compare to the hybrids?

That saw has finger ports added since that video ,has a lot more top end power now ,the 461 has more tourque than the hybrid ,but it is bulkier feeling and a little heavier than the hybrid ,if i was a tree faller all day i would pic the 461 ,When i fall trees i start and stop a few times in my cut to make sure my cuts are strait ,the extra grunt helps for that ,fir chips plug up a 32 inch bar when falling .For a general firewood saw where just bucking all day ,the hybrid is lighter ,and a tad faster ,you can lean on a 461 more than a hybrid ,the 461 more reminds me of my 660 then my 440 for power ,i do fall trees with the hybrids also ,but there is a difference in handling in my opinion ,my 461 sits a lot because of that

Nice saws there Brian, but don't you have to convert to 12 mm to make a hybrid?

My 10s run so nice the way they are, I'm leaving them alone, but I don't cut the "big wood" that you cut. However, I do have the 046 and it is ported!
Yes i am going to swap the crank from 10-12 ,,it is actually a ms440 saw it's in now ,i already have all the 10mm stuff spoken for once i tear it down

Brian, is your 461 also ported, or are they just strong stock? Great incite about the differences between saws.

I think the 461 is about the same wt as the 046, I really notice the wt difference when I put that down and go to the 362. You almost think someone is lifting it for ya!

I have a 441 and it's hard to use because I'm so comfortable with the 440s handling. My 441 doesn't even have 5 tanks though it yet. It needs to get stronger or it'll get cut. However I love the M-Tronic, it's always runs great and starts so nice... but she's kinda chunky.

I can't wait to get the hybrid, I watch that video of yours quite often lol.

I have a 441 and it's hard to use because I'm so comfortable with the 440s handling. My 441 doesn't even have 5 tanks though it yet. It needs to get stronger or it'll get cut. However I love the M-Tronic, it's always runs great and starts so nice... but she's kinda chunky.

I can't wait to get the hybrid, I watch that video of yours quite often lol.

Trade me the 441 for that hybrid ,i have never has a 441 yet :cool:,i do not need 3 hybrids

[QUOTE250r180, post: 4899150, member: 56475"]Trade me the 441 for that hybrid ,i have never has a 441 yet :cool:,i do not need 3 hybrids[/QUOTE]
Wowey thats a heck of a trade, you wouldnt be dissapointed with the hybrid.

Brian, I don't recall reading your opinion regarding the hybrids smaller case volume before I built mine. I haven't had enough handle time on a ported 46 to make a good judgement. What do you think?

Brian, I don't recall reading your opinion regarding the hybrids smaller case volume before I built mine. I haven't had enough handle time on a ported 46 to make a good judgement. What do you think?

I had a ported 460,it ran good ,i put the same jug on a 440 case and it seems a little more hot rod like ,revs higher or sounds like it does anyways ,may have lost an bit of tourque over the 460 case ,but it seems to rev faster then when was on the 460 bottom end

Back