044 expert wanted!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZBOBK

Reaction score
Righto, upon reinstalling the oil pump clutch etc I noticed in the service book under "servicing the oil pump" section that there is a "O" ring shown installed under the spacer bush. Now when I assembled the saw using the previous sections of the book, it shows the spacer being installed without an o-ring. As my saw was already in bits whan I got my hands on it, I have no idea which is correct: Refer page 76 on the manual as well as 41 and 46 to see what I mean. Also what threw me is that there is no o-ring pictured in the IPB either (page 6, oil pump) My gut tells me that It should be there to seal between the bush, bearing inner race and the crank.

Can I please have an answer on this.

Ps I have just installed a Baileys BB cylinder and piston and are not sure If I should be able to turn the thing over by hand on the flywheel, seems real low on comp compared to my 041FB.
Cheers

Thanks all

What a fantastic site this is.

There were early models that had the o-ring under the bushing. The PTO oil seal was upgraded and improved, and the o-ring was eliminated.

If you installed a new seal, you do not need the o-ring.

You should be able to turn any saw over by hand on the flywheel.

Back