046 oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it has the HO oiler it will do fine. If not it may be a little dry depending on how dry the wood itself is. I know dead dry oak sucks the oil off a bar but not sure about pecan.

I think you'll be needing the H.O. control bolt & plunger Neal. Pecan is kinda dry IIRC, adding to the equation.

EDIT: Speaking of which......who's got the PN#'s handy for the above mentioned?

I personally don't like going longer than 25" without the HO oiler. My 32" bar on a standard 064 oiler gets pretty dry. Until I gut the oiler and rebuild it with the HO parts, I just manually oil as best I can.......the few times I need to use the long bar.

I know on the 660 there's a little mark 90° of the slot for the screwdriver on the HO oilers if I remember right. I can't remember if the 046/460 are this way or not.

I can check an 046 tomorrow that I have apart over on the bench at the shop. Run a 7 pin on it if you have one to keep the chain speed down an the RPMs up. It does help a bit. PM me if you need to know about the oil pump.

A post I found searching this site through google.

I have an 046 with oil pump part #1128 647 0461; want to convert it to high output. Are the piston & control bolt part numbers listed below compatible with the older 046 pump? Thanks.

Entire HO 460R pump - 1128 640 3250 - $84.50

OR

Upgrade parts:

piston - 1128 647 0602 - $26.20
Control bolt - 1128 647 4803 - $3.90
The pricing may not be current but I have read that you can upgrade just the internals for less than half the cost of the complete oiler

I know on the 660 there's a little mark 90° of the slot for the screwdriver on the HO oilers if I remember right. I can't remember if the 046/460 are this way or not.

my 460 wrap has the witness mark thing off the screwdriver slot for the ho oiler ,461 does too

Help!!!!!

Here in Denmark(europe) HO/Upgrade parts can't be ordered, what to do then........:(:( my 25" bar is getting warm

thanks guys

Back