056 Super...Dating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerking

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
....SO I just acquired and 056 super for FREE!!, wouldnt turn over completely, so I feared the worse, pulled the muff and the intake...no scoring visible....GREAT! Pulled the flywheel and had one of the metal pieces on the backside come off, which is the reason it was hanging up. Pulled the jug, clean as a whistle. The slug was pretty carboned up on top and the rings were hanging up, but all looks good otherwise so far....Can you epoxy that metal back to the inside of the flywheel? And how can I "date" this 056?
Thanks All!

I need to see a picture or a better description before making a call on epoxying some thing to the flywheel. Tom

...Im thinking some epoxy.....any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20160327_202211461.jpg
    IMG_20160327_202211461.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 46
...Im thinking some epoxy.....any other ideas?
Super glue perhaps?

At times I get really surprised what that stuff is capable to hold together, haven't used it in such a situation You have though.

Worth a try, looking them up used they are 15$ on the bay + delivery, so if youre not in a hurry just order one.
I wouldn't have second thoughts, source one and buy it!

....The only flywheels for an 056 on Ebay are approx $90......The other ones are just the top piece that has the fins.....

I would clean it really well and source out a good glue before using the wrong one. I would likely use one that's thin enough to squeeze out and not let that stand off any.
Super glue does work wonders at times, but I'd hate to see that part come loose while working, might be like a roulette game.

I think the price of the Bosch ignition for the 056 Super will keep rising!... As more people realise that there is now a viable (cheap $5-) repair (see foggysail 056 ignition repair) for this ignition and start using the Bosch to replace the expensive SEM 056 Magnum ignition when it fails!........I know I am.

I just replaced the SEM coil on a husky 2100, shopped for about 2weeks before pulling the trigger on a used one from Canada. The cost was prohibitive, around 80$, but the seller had a 100 score so I took the chance. Put it on the old beast and pulled it over a few times, no spark, sh!t. Back to the drawing board. I put the saw up for about 3 days while trying to decide what to do. I decided after some thought that maybe I should give it another try so out I go, took it back off, cleaned and inspected the unit for obvious damage and re installed it. Hooked up an electric drill to the flywheel nut and spun it up with the plug out and grounded to the cylinder, bright blue spark, yay! Keeping these old machines is getting harder and harder but they're worth it.

....So I had this liquid steel epoxy that a customer of mine uses in there shop, I gave it a try, now I just wait overnight and give it a shot!......Of course I may be doing all this for nothing....I still havent checked for spark yet! Due to the magnet being the reason the saw wouldnt turn over completely! I thought for sure the jug and piston were damaged.......I also, have the Bosch ignition....Thanks for all the responses so far!

Latest posts

Back