064-066 carb mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i was looking at my 064 carb.it looks like you could file the front edge and trailing edge of the brass throttle valve.and the choke plate, screw,and shaft to.same for the choke parts.maybe open up the carb a little on both ends.this is a work saw i am putting together.would any of this make any diff?k

Do not file the edges of the brass throttle or choke plate. If you examine them closely they have an angled edge that fits the carb bore,they cannot be reversed either,when installing one you have to look closely at it to get it in right.
Since the 80's I have been boring out the stock carbs-HS,WJ,and HT. Depending on the model I've gotten 33% or more extra flow.
These work great,a stock saw carb is far too small so any improvement helps a lot.
Thinning the backside of the throttle shaft is ok and picks up some flow,and sometimes you can file the screw a little flatter too. If you remove the shafts you can polish the bore and remove any casting ridges or defects.
Next spring I will have an even larger version of the WJ,with larger bores and plates.

Last edited:
carb modding

I am interested in porting a carburator. Im new to modding saws but have fixing them for some time now and always interested in more power. I need a pont in the right direction to get myself started. thanks for any help from anyone out ther willing to share their knowledge.

Back