064 air filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suttererman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
7d81fa339b18c86803db953adba1abdb.jpg

Have an 064 that I purchased needing a few parts. I purchased the aftermarket hd filter setup that was listed for an 064 but clearly doesn’t fit. Any help on locating correct parts to fit would be appreciated. I wouldn’t mind the original filter setup if I could find the parts for that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to use a ms660 carb box for that aftermarket filter assembly to fit. That is assuming it would fit. The Chinese are bad to not know about the older models of saws and what fits from the newer version. Subsequently they assume if the first 4 digits of the part number are the same, then it will work.

How does the filter mount on the original setup?

There is no mount with the saw I have. I figured it would be easiest to just buy the hd setup that was complete. I guess what I bought was for a 660.

You would have to use a ms660 carb box for that aftermarket filter assembly to fit. That is assuming it would fit. The Chinese are bad to know know about the older models of saws and what fits from the newer version.

Width wise you can’t use a 660 on 064. They are different.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Genu...463996&hash=item443081c922:g:rG8AAOSwjNdcFZ9-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-CHAI...496672&hash=item362cf43d38:g:PwQAAOSwc2FaRDLG

He set up. I’d go this way just for ease of finding future filters

You will be happier with the final product. Flat top with flat air filter cover. Should look good. Feel free to search the covers part number and see if you can find one in the same shade as your top cover. Or maybe that’s me that is anal about that stuff

7d81fa339b18c86803db953adba1abdb.jpg

Have an 064 that I purchased needing a few parts. I purchased the aftermarket hd filter setup that was listed for an 064 but clearly doesn’t fit. Any help on locating correct parts to fit would be appreciated. I wouldn’t mind the original filter setup if I could find the parts for that either.

That saw kicks ass with a K/N filter / velocity stack , the max - flow is da bomb too21D600B0-5560-4D6D-96AB-C045B123FDAB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back