064 carb wj 10a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i am putting a box of 064 parts in to a saw .the carb on it now is a wj 10a. also in the box is a wj 35 with the air hood on it. the backing plate in the box did not have the port for the wj 35.but it will not run with the wj 10a. it will pop a few times and ran for 1 sec,after 35 t0 40 pull starts my arm gave out. the wj 35 looks like it will work, but no port for the air hood?in my parts list it shows wj 41 48 35 51 42 52 and wj 65 . thanks

You can mix and match those metering covers between WJ carbs. Use the 10A cover on the 35, just make sure that the little hole in the 10A is clear.

I've seen a lot of those little cover holes/vents let a lot of sawdust in between the cover and diaphragms. Mostly filthy saws. Cleaning under the cover(s) got the carbs working again.

I've seen a lot of those little cover holes/vents let a lot of sawdust in between the cover and diaphragms. Mostly filthy saws. Cleaning under the cover(s) got the carbs working again.

Exactly, those holes allow for atmospheric pressure to push down on the metering diaphragm and unseat the inlet needle.

Latest posts

Back