064 coil/flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AV66

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The coil on my 064av died last week and I can’t get a replacement coil (CDIC) anywhere.
The flywheel is a duel key way (1122 400 1203) unit.
I am able to get a new aftermarket coil (0000 400 1300).
So my question is, if I change the flywheel to the other key way will this make it compatible with the aftermarket coil?
Any help greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
The replacement coil you quoted will work and is available oem from Stihl. I bought one (Australia) recently.
Dont be confused by the picture of the keyways in the tech bulletin, Stihl has made a mistake and reversed the P and B/X. This has had many, like me, scratching their heads.
There are heaps of threads on 064 /066, Definitive Dave is the go to.

Here's the technical bulletin on this. You'll need to move your flywheel to slot "B". Try to get a used OEM coil if you can,
rather than an aftermarket coil. The aftermarket coils in my experience have been hit and miss.
Thanks for the link, it’s great to see the info from Stihl as opposed to thoughts and opinions on such a confusing subject.

The replacement coil you quoted will work and is available oem from Stihl. I bought one (Australia) recently.
Dont be confused by the picture of the keyways in the tech bulletin, Stihl has made a mistake and reversed the P and B/X. This has had many, like me, scratching their heads.
There are heaps of threads on 064 /066, Definitive Dave is the go to.
Thanks for for that, I’d rather use oem where possible. Worse case scenario I try both key ways once I get the new coil 🤷‍♂️, one of them will work 🤞.

Here's the technical bulletin on this. You'll need to move your flywheel to slot "B". Try to get a used OEM coil if you can,
rather than an aftermarket coil. The aftermarket coils in my experience have been hit and miss.
Do you think it Is necessary to make the carburettor change that Stihl did when they made the ignition change? My thought is that I’ll just need to make sure it doesn’t run lean at high rpm.

Do you think it Is necessary to make the carburettor change that Stihl did when they made the ignition change? My thought is that I’ll just need to make sure it doesn’t run lean at high rpm.

Your old carburetor should be fine. Just tune it so it's not too lean. Have you looked to see which carb you have? You might have the Walbro WJ-6.

Your old carburetor should be fine. Just tune it so it's not too lean. Have you looked to see which carb you have? You might have the Walbro WJ-6.
I have no idea what carb it’s got, one headache at a time 🤕

Back