064 versions school me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've heard of so many versions of the 064 stihl I am kind of confused about them? How many kinds were there and which ones should I look for and what to avoid (as in rare unobtainuim parts).
Opinions are welcome, based on experience not hearsay.
Info on production runs good also.
Thank you for any information.

It must be confusing for those that don`t really work on them as in repair and build them up from cases and parts. I have built several of each version and managed to get them all running very well with the right porting and timing ,open mufflers and carb tweaks they are strong runners.

It must be confusing for those that don`t really work on them as in repair and build them up from cases and parts. I have built several of each version and managed to get them all running very well with the right porting and timing ,open mufflers and carb tweaks they are strong runners.
For sure. The 50cc class three series Huskies are the same.

Yeah I followed another link off your post and the flywheel stuff is crazy, but if you've got success with getting them to run thats hopeful.
It's just that I was looking at possible saw purchases and I know the guy I spoke to has old 066s and 064s . I just dont want to walk blindly into a problem I can't fix with my resources.
I often defer to the experts.

Syphilis is legendary also doesn't mean that I want it, but I do love me some 395xp and 2100. So please don't take offense.
Your ignorance doesn't hurt my feelers. Until people run one they only have what they've read on a screen to go by. The 5100/5105 Dolmars are the same.

Husqvarna built some great saws, I have owned, run and built plenty of them. I sampled most of the saws made and decided to settle one one brand to keep it simple in my parts dept. I sold off all my Huskies and built up my Stihl herd complete with enough spare parts to last my life out.

Husqvarna built some great saws, I have owned, run and built plenty of them. I sampled most of the saws made and decided to settle one one brand to keep it simple in my parts dept. I sold off all my Huskies and built up my Stihl herd complete with enough spare parts to last my life out.
I'm only a firewood hack and a hobbyist, so I get to pick and choose. No bias here, even if I do rib the die hards when I get a chance.

I'm only a firewood hack and a hobbyist, so I get to pick and choose. No bias here, even if I do rib the die hards when I get a chance.
Its cool I just have my preferences and have had difficulty with certain saws so I avoid them , which is why I started this thread , dont want to kick hornet nest.

Yup no thanks on the lower class 3 series, its hard to believe that the same company built the higher cc saws being leages better in quality.
3-series mag cased 50cc saws (346/351/353) are some of the best saws in the class ever made, regardless of brand bias. there isnt much honest discussion that could prove otherwise, aside from the old inboard/outboard clutch argument. the quality argument vs bigger saws in that series just doesn't hold water.

Back