066 2-Port Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a close-up pictuure of the 066 muffler with the additional porting? WHere is the second port. Are the mufflers stainless steel or cna they be welded with a conventional wire welder?

Thanks,

Jim

They seem to weld well enough for the little bit I have done, not sure about stress cracks over time. Maybey preheating would be a good idea.

You do want to wash them off well before welding as the oil will play havoc with the mig.

I have them on all of my saws (66's), along with an after market third port with the spark arrester cut out inside the muffler and all holes ported out. The stock face plate is way too restrictive. There is a welded guard over the ported faceplate, it does not last forever, nor does it hinder the performance if it comes off. An after market filter system along with a ported muffler face does wonder to a stock saw. Common sense, more air - less restriction equals more power.
Tree Sling'r

Gosh, I hadn't noticed that! I was just using one of my old Quebec periodicals to protect my desk. I guess that stuff really does work!

That looks great buckduck. How much louder did it make your saw? Did you use a dremel to take out the guts?

Thanks,

Jim

5555555, You can also go to a local dealer, and buy the dual port front plate just the plate for about 25 to 30 dollars.

Back