066 9T rim sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are pin type, in that the chain drives engauge pins in the rim. they do not last as long as regular rims, and cost 4+ times as much.

You will also likely need to trim the heal of the bar for a 9, for a 10 or bigger you need to look at cutting down a longer bar so that the heal is wide enough at the tail. Don't do this and you risk having the chain derail.

My avitar is a pick of a 10 T.

Last edited:
Saw is stock except for factory dual port. Just wanted to experiment with a 9T 3/8 on a 16-20" bar for more chain speed. It has an 8T now and I think the saw has the power to drive the 9T on a short bar. Not going to get into cutting bar heels though. Bob

Last edited:
IMHO even stock it will do fine with a 9 pin and 16 inch bar provided the chain is sharp. 10 Will not work well unless the engine is modified for torque or is on pipe and it is set up with square chain.

It is quite likely you won't get the chain on without cutting the bar some.

I think a 20" bar will work without modification for a 9 pin, but I seam to recall a 16" bar was too tight with a 9 pin ( ithink it was possible to get it on by puting the sprocket, chain and bar together , then puting it on as one and installing the washer and C clip.). Also need to watch where the oil holes line up with large sprockets, easy to have the hole blocked off, requiring drilling a new oil hole.

Last edited:
( ithink it was possible to get it on by puting the sprocket, chain and bar together , then puting it on as one and installing the washer and C clip.). Also need to watch where the oil holes line up with large sprockets, easy to have the hole blocked off, requiring drilling a new oil hole.
I have to do this on my 066 with a 8T and 16" windsor speed tip bar with 60 DL for some reason.

I put a 9T on mine recently and put about 4 tanks of fuel through it. I am currently running a 24" bar that I did not need to modify to run the 9T sprocket. I have a 10T sprocket and it would definitely need bar mods. It cuts fast up to 14"-16" hard wood but after that you have to monitor how much you feed into the log. I have cut with the bar fully burried but I have to play with it to much to control bogging and stall the clutch.

Latest posts

Back