066 big bore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68kaiser

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got the thing put together and ran it this weekend. I helped a friend cut a pine tree up. We did not have a tape but my 42'' bar didn't get all the way through in parts of it. The 066 loved it, the people there where in ow at how it cut. I felt a tingle in my pants as it was buried and i could use the dogs to lay into it.

The saw ran great all weekend but the 2nd to the last round fell over on my saw and broke the full wrap handle. Has anyone used the ones that Baileys has? are they worth the $100?

How long will people nay say a $115 P&C kits that run like these things do? Again, here's mine in 36" Ash.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GYVPAEMLqKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xrHSRluR5c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xrHSRluR5c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Come on down to the GTG Saturday and we'll find out:hmm3grin2orange:. We need to bolt a BB kit on your 064. That's a project I'd like to do.

I would love to, but ya know the drill. Too far away and I have to work. I want to try a BB 066 on an 064, but mine is fresh and full of steam after Lakesides rebuild, hopefully I will never have to take the cylinder off it. Wont be long, and I will catch hold of an 066 project.

I would love to find a deal on a seized up 064 to put a ported BB kit on. It's only 1/2 # heavier than a 046 and have the power of my 066. Maybe even a tad more if it's got a smaller crankcase volume!

There is a good project for you then. They are on Ebay all the time. I am surprised to see as many as I have the past few weeks, in all kinds of conditions. I do see more without the HD filter setup than with.

I just got the thing put together and ran it this weekend. I helped a friend cut a pine tree up. We did not have a tape but my 42'' bar didn't get all the way through in parts of it. The 066 loved it, the people there where in ow at how it cut. I felt a tingle in my pants as it was buried and i could use the dogs to lay into it.

The saw ran great all weekend but the 2nd to the last round fell over on my saw and broke the full wrap handle. Has anyone used the ones that Baileys has? are they worth the $100?

buy the aftermarket wrap (3/4 or full) from madsen's for about $40
here's their numbers
Phone: 360-736-1336
Orders: 1-800-822-2808

Yip

I have one on my 288XP. I LOVE IT!!! Super strong, very durable. I wish they made more. I like how the actual handle itself goes around farther than the others. The others are more like 3/4 wrap if you ask me. Nothing but good luck with mine as far as that goes...

:cheers: eh?

We need to bolt a BB kit on your 064. That's a project I'd like to do.

Well, if you really want to do one, I'll send you my 064 and $115 and you can do mine for me. :D

If I get around to it, I want to do a BB with my 064 this winter. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she'll do with the additional cc's. :cool:

Hey Brad, with the same case and crank, do you think the 064 and 660 weights are right?
Rob

I don't know what the weights are for each, but I can tell you the 064 is indeed lighter than the 066. I also think there might be some variation within the 064 production years, the early ones appear to be lighter... but I have no idea what they changed.

Latest posts

Back