066 Blackhawk Max-Flow Stihl High Performance cylinder and piston kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristSite Member
Does anyone know anything about the Blackhawk Max-Flow Stihl High Performance cylinder and piston kit? There's one listed on Ebay for an 066 and the description says that it will add 30-40% performance. My 066 is getting a bit tired and I've been considering changing rings, but if anyone has any experience with these, maybe it's the way to go. Does anyone know who builds them and if their OK? 30-40% sounds too goo to be true and you know what they say about that....

DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
I saw the one for the ms 440 I was thinking about asking about it and you beat me to it. I would like to know if one of our buliders on this site knows anything about them or who made them. Thanks

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
bcorradi said:
Yeah its pretty hard to deck a cylinder for a saw without having the saw there to measure the squish.

Stop making sense Brad!

Go over to the Washington Hot Saws forum and read the initial results from the big bore test. It seems like the test should be complete by now.

Also without video and times from atleast a dimestore stop watch, it`s all smack talk.

Russ

klickitatsacket

klickitatsacket

Addicted to ArboristSite
Winlock, Wa. under the shadow of Mt. St. Helens
I have a feeling that some one is funnin' around guys. I was just up at Costco and the new Poulans are named "Black Hawk" . The cylinders listed are painted Red (I am assuming Krylon) as there was a run in the paint and powder coat does not run. I think it is FISH. Not really but felt like making a wild accusation.

Latest posts