066 "digital"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deezulsmoke

deezulsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
Lake, are the red lights still a good saw to purchase if in descent condition ?? I would like to find a good used 066 for my alaskan saw mill if I dont end up getting an 076 from a friend.

Kneejerk Bombas

Kneejerk Bombas

ArboristSite King
My mom's basement, in Madison, Wisconsin.
In a nutshell, it has a redlight (led) that flashes, when the high side is se right it flashes fast, when it's et to high, it's on all the time, when it's to low, it flashes slowly. It's an improvised tach.

Really? That's not how mine works.

It burns steady at an RPM below the recommended setting. You adjust the high speed jet until it burns steady and then turn it in 1/2 a turn, which brings it up to the proper RPM.

Are there two kinds of Red Lights?

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Really? That's not how mine works.

It burns steady at an RPM below the recommended setting. You adjust the high speed jet until it burns steady and then turn it in 1/2 a turn, which brings it up to the proper RPM.

Are there two kinds of Red Lights?

Well, wrong agian. I aint batting so good of late!!!!!

What Mike just said!!!

RED-85-Z51

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ive often thought of putting a little 5" Auto Meter Jr. Dragster tach on a saw, mountting it high, and having a small 12v battery for power, etc...

Heck, the saw is already 15+ pounds..whats 15 more?:jester:

Anyone running those self contained Tiny Tachs?

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
In most of the "Red Lights" the coil went bad and was replaced with a unlimited coil and the light no longer worked,

P9110114-1.jpg