066 Magnum Big Bore Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one of those.........You'll just get another at the GTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Or 2

You mean like this one? I've nearly got the bench cleared off and ready for it.
275315656_pD5En-M.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to use this thing for some kind of relaxation practice. Anything that only turns 4500 RPMs and is then further reduced with gear reduction is likely to put you to sleep. Maybe that's what that muffler, or lack there of, if for.

Awesome job Brad....you are da' man! That's a awesome job you did right there. Makes me want to BB my 066 now.lololololol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

So has anyone else recently installed a 066 BB kit? What were your results? Compression and RPMs. Did I get a lucky fluke or have they improved them that much?

Brad....I haven't fooled with the 066BB......but the combustion chamber is what's giving you the good compression, not the squish.

I've got a ported out BB on my 660 and you could stand a family of four on the top handle and not bog it down with a 7T and 28" bar buried in Burr Oak. With an 8T it will come down ever so slightly in RPM's, if you really, really dawg it in hard.

Both pull so hard its hard to get them off the dawgs (not that I try) when they are buried.

I just had him modd another 660 with a stock PnC and he went the extra mile on it, taking more off the piston and other "miracle" work and he states that it will put that BB to shame.

So now I have to give him the BB back so he can do the same work to it, isn't life unfair, LOL.

Then I will see which one is more powerful when both are comparibly modded.

Ah, the struggles of life, LOL.

Sam

YET AGAIN-WELL DONE AMIGO
hmm....woulda been good to put the MS crank in there with BB @ 14500.
But guess not going to use it much !!
RE: THE FILTER COVER LABEL MARK-usually come out with light grit with
careful machine sander,localized.Only a few thou more before it goes.
Too long doing that bit by hand.

Hardy hars an girly giggles for AA toilet humor-rep if could.

Latest posts

Back