076 spur sprocket clutch drum help needed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martrix

martrix

ArboristSite Operative
Hi, so I'm rebuilding an old 076 AV and I already know I need new clutch shoes. Also turns out that the bar is well worn out and needs to be replaced along with the spur sprocket drum.

What are my options?

I'm having trouble finding the exact replacement spur sprocket as its an all in one unit and it also drives the worm for the oil pump.

Can I use a spur sprocket off another model and just grind the two recess' in the sprocket that drives the worm gear? (see pic)

It is setup to run .404" at the moment, but I would like to change it to 3/8" because its going to be a milling saw.

Can it be converted to run a rim sprocket setup?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
AZLOGGER

AZLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru
Some where between the desert & the trees! AZ
Hi, so I'm rebuilding an old 076 AV and I already know I need new clutch shoes. Also turns out that the bar is well worn out and needs to be replaced along with the spur sprocket drum.

What are my options?

I'm having trouble finding the exact replacement spur sprocket as its an all in one unit and it also drives the worm for the oil pump.

Can I use a spur sprocket off another model and just grind the two recess' in the sprocket that drives the worm gear? (see pic)

It is setup to run .404" at the moment, but I would like to change it to 3/8" because its going to be a milling saw.

Can it be converted to run a rim sprocket setup?

Yes it can You need Oregon Part#22271X or another MFG's equivalent. I have no idea what is available to you over there (down under) mate.
:dizzy:

martrix

martrix

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks heaps for that. I found out the info online and then ordered the rim sprocket from a dealer.
In hindsight I probably should have bought it off you. How much are they worth in the U.S.?.....I paid AU$100 (US$83)......:dizzy:

Last edited:

Latest posts