084 parts, 036 Pro, 038, 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I ran into an 084 today that appeared to be complete minus the piston and cylinder. Those parts were there, but not salvageable. The remainder of the saw mooked pretty clean. Any idea as to where to source a P&C reasonably priced?:confused:

The 036 Pro looked to be in good shape, but apparently needs bottom end bearings.

There were several 038s, some better than others.

The only saws I brought home were 026s,and all need handlebars, and clutch covers besides pistons....

I'll have to go back after I do some research.

This the shop out in Amish country? No clue what it is about 026's lately. I've brough home 9 in the last few weeks.

This the shop out in Amish country? No clue what it is about 026's lately. I've brough home 9 in the last few weeks.

Its a farily large dealer out in the sticks. I think they have so much walk-in business that they don't have time to fool with a lot of this stuff.

Chainsawguy sells OEM 088 piston and cylinders for 300 new. He might have an 084 slug and jug laying around. Other than that, start asking around.

Let me know if you want to pass along one of those 038s. I have access to a few mag top ends, but the cases are broken and chipped. I would like to try the regular/super 038 conversion to a mag.

I would also have some interest in the 036. I know of an 034 that is missing a few parts that would be a prime candidate for that 036.

What are you gonna do with 9 026's? Did I ever tell you I like 026's? lol;)

I've mentioned my trick several times on these boards. You would not believe the number of saws I can pick up in a weeks time :)

The 026's, I'll put a few together and sell. Use that to finance my project saws, dump some of the parts. The rest I keep around for use at the shop.

Back