088 pot, piston, crankshaft fit a 2012 ms 880 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbertim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi please can i get advice on whether an 088 crankshaft can be used on a 2012 ms880 ? i know the piston should fit but crank connecting rod looks a different design but is it same dimensions ??? i presume cylinder will fit but i know muffler is different so please advise me which components can be mismatched to work together. i have an ms880 complete, with broken crank and have sourced pot piston and crank from 088
thanks

In theory I believe it should work, but I don't know for sure, I will look at some part numbers and ipls on stihls b-net and give you a better idea this afternoon.

so the part number for the crank is same for both models. The part numbers for the pistons and cylinders are different. Still may work.

great thanks, i might just get away with crank and use my piston and cylinder. my piston got scored slightly from fragment that came from crack in crank casting but i think i can salvage it maybe with just new rings ?? cylinder looks ok to me, maybe just a very fine rub down

DSCF2208.JPG DSCF2213.JPG DSCF2207.JPG

I agree, but as he said he will need a new crank too...[/QUOTE]
i have crank and cylinder sourced from an 088 just wondering best combination of the combined parts to rebuild what will be an 0880 :chainsaw: :laugh::laugh:

Back