090 crank differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhead

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else know anything about the differences between later model 090 crankshafts and earlier model ones ....I'd like to know more about the later ones having welded weights on them to help with vibration .....I am needing to replace a crank and rod on an 090 and want to make sure I get the best one for the job. Thanks again ....RH

Most of the cranks we are used to are two or three pieces and then pressed together. The old Mcs and 090s were one piece forged. That way we have to bolt on the connecting rod, but the cranks were thought to be stronger. Well the old 090s had less counter weight than needed and vibrated more than most. If you see welded areas on the crankshaft then it is late model. The older style has no welded areas for the additional weights. That is why I said "welded" in my first response and really didn't know what else to say when you asked again. Mike

Welcome to AS, rhead. Please let me make a suggestion :angel: : When you have additional questions relating a post that you've already made, it's better to go back to that post & use Reply To Thread, rather than starting a new thread with each new question. That way all of the questions, responses, info, etc. are all in one cohesive, easy to follow :Eye: :Eye: thread.

Hope that you get the monster running!

Latest posts

Back