090 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I keep hearing rumors that the 090 is still being sold new in Brazil (or someplace like that). Is there any truth to this? If so, does anyone have any pertinent info on how to go about getting one shipped here to the U.S.A.?
As always thanks for your time.

the saw of that family that is still in production is the 070, not the 090. though with a few simple changes, the 6 shoe clutch, and the 090 piston/cyl kit, you can have an 090 easily.

Hey DDM thanks for the link. You're right I don't see the 090 either, but interestingly I did see an 051 advertised.

Hey LAWNMASTERS, where is the 070 still being produced? Thanks

Running/cutting
husky 2100
stihl 075
mcc 1-53
mcc s44
mcc g70
mcc 610pro
mcc 10-10
homie 990g
homie 770gs
homie xp1000
homie xl2
pioneer 700d
pioneer RA
remington super 754
remington pl6
david bradley ah58 (restored)

In the works
mcc 73
old lombard

The 090 is being built in Brazil but unless somebody can get it disguised as a current, emission compliant model, you will never get it past customs. I could sell all I could find.
I was surprised when our rep said he had seen tv footage of 070's being unloaded in Thailand after the tidal wave. I actually had a customer looking for one last year. He was from Malaysia where they are popular.

canguy21 said:
The 090 is being built in Brazil but unless somebody can get it disguised as a current, emission compliant model, you will never get it past customs. I could sell all I could find.
I was surprised when our rep said he had seen tv footage of 070's being unloaded in Thailand after the tidal wave. I actually had a customer looking for one last year. He was from Malaysia where they are popular.

It's been a few years since the 090 was built in Brazil... The 070 is built in Germany by 6 guys in a corner of the factory, for South America and Asia. Your point about emissions (and noise/kickback testing) is valid though....

Latest posts

Back