090 scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Watched a 090 sell on E-Bay a week or so ago ,just relisted.With instruction to contact before bidding 230194932055 .Emailed the guy to find out detailsThis was reply,

Thank you for your interest in my item.The price for it is 450 USD including the shipping and insurance taxes. I will pay them because the package will be delivered from Europe. As a shipping and payment method I have chosen the escrow services. Escrow protects the buyer and the seller. If you are unfamiliar with this payment method please don't hesitate to ask me.

If you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.

Waiting your quick answer right now,

Thank you:spam:
Gee last week it sold for $750.00 Sent him back a reply calling it a scam.Gang up on him ,maybe we could run off one low life.Have fun.
Russ

seeing as its a stihl it must be a scam as they're never worth what you pay for them.

Last edited:
they had 2 090s and 1 440 on ebay all ending with in a few mins of each other - I asked and got the same scam on each one I checked their feed back and they had bought alot of $2 and $3items, no sells-----I reported it and six mins later E-bay pulled them all:givebeer:

good on you for reporting them.scams like that are the reason I seldomly buy from ebay.

I was the high bidder until the last 12 seconds. I got a scam report from eBay telling me not to do business with the lister and if I had, to take all means available to stop the transaction.

Thanks be to the high bidder!:bowdown:

My stupidity is matched only by the 090's torque curve.:monkey:

Joat

I'v had good luck on E-bay , and a big A+ for them for geting that taken care of!!

At the bottom of each add there is a place to click "report this item" if anyone sees something funny - BUST EM !! !!
hope no one we no got burned on this one -great day all!!

they had 2 090s and 1 440 on ebay all ending with in a few mins of each other - I asked and got the same scam on each one I checked their feed back and they had bought alot of $2 and $3items, no sells-----I reported it and six mins later E-bay pulled them all:givebeer:

I only buy big ticket items from guys with verifiable high selling feedback. Saws from saw guys, audio from audio guys, parts from guys with real selling feedback. I'll risk a $5-10 item sometimes if the red lights in my head aren't going off, but, nothing big.

Mark

scam

Steve here... This is the exact same email I got too
Run the other way!!!

Thank you for your interest in my item.The price for it is 450 USD including the shipping and insurance taxes. I will pay them because the package will be delivered from Europe. As a shipping and payment method I have chosen the escrow services. Escrow protects the buyer and the seller. If you are unfamiliar with this payment method please don't hesitate to ask me.

If you agree with my terms I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.

Steve here... This is the exact same email I got too
Run the other way!!!

Steve,

When you settle in the new house and unpack let me know. Hopefully you will find a few parts I need.

Bill

Latest posts

Back