095 vs. 041 bar mounts question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I modify similar to that speedcut k095 mount bar by making a notch from the oil input hole towards the center slot. It intersects the oil passage then. Sure a bit more forward but the slot of the ps421 is long enough. That saw does not seem to need the unused adjuster plugged but some other ones the oil might escape through the clutch cover. The adjuster hole is a bit more central with the 095.

As for getting into the rim drive. It was commonly discussed here a number of years ago. I got the parts. I believe it is just the clutch drum from the 50cc saw and a small very thin 0.02mm washer that goes on the crank end next to the clutch. I don't know why they only show a spur for .325 on the parts sheet.

Your K095 to K041 conversion sure sounds easier than my method. I used a cutting disk on a dremmel to make the slot deeper. Let me tell you, there is very little margin for error with how tight the cutter fits in the groove. End result is closest to an actual K041 oil port though. All in all, I feel it was worth the effort. Would I do it again? Not even if you paid me.

IMG_20240521_174543.jpg
IMG_20240521_195948.jpg

Back