1/2 chain heaven

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superman_36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had the day off and went to a few saw shops, and was told of a small engine repair company that i have never heard of before. Drove the 45minutes to the middle of know where and meet this man. The shop is 3 generations owned. Fond out he has 4 100 foot rolls of 1/2 chisel chain and 3 rolls of 1/2 chipper untouched. Also so many piles of saws like i have never see. The problem is he knows what he has. I did get a gear drive Mac for 25.00 in good shape
it makes you wonder what other big stashes of saws are out there that have not been seen
This man would not sell anything he only sold me the Mac because he must have had 4 that i saw
also i am going to work on the chain he said he had a offer of 500.00 per roll and did not take the offer

AMAZING what some people have stashed away. bet the owner of it is calling that his "retirement fund" lol

Paying $500 for a roll of the 1/2 inch chisel would be like stealing it... the last I heard it was going for anywhere between $200 and $400 a loop.... if you could talk someone into selling it!:) :)

I was at a show and new 1/2 was $35 a foot and he was just starting to consider at that price.... I hope stihl will release the new .404 soon for us poor guys in the sport...

ccicora said:
I was at a show and new 1/2 was $35 a foot and he was just starting to consider at that price.... I hope stihl will release the new .404 soon for us poor guys in the sport...

Don't count on it! Hahahahaha!:blob2: :blob2:

The guy that makes the 250s for the european series told me that the new high profile 404 was only going to be sold to guys that bought the European saws... at least for the first year or 2 . Don't know if thats true or not, but I was trying pretty hard to get some, and had the guy that manages the equipment for their series ready to give me some, when the head guy told me no way at VA Beach last fall.

Back