1-2 chainsaw punch (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I would like to share with you my 1-2 chainsaw punch. Let it be said here and now that no tree in North America is safe from the wrath of this dynamic duo!

Ok---the 346XP is mine and, in my opinion, it is the greatest saw ever made. It's set up with a 16" Oregon Micro Lite bar and a .325 Oregon VP chain. The 7900 is on loan from my local Husky dealer who is considering taking on the Dolmar line. They asked me to give it a test drive and offer my opinion. After having the grin surgically removed from my face...I gave the 7900 two thumbs up!!. What a big, red, angry, mean, pissed off beast! Holy Cow is this a great saw!! My only complaint was mine came with a 20" bar. Under-kill for the Dolmar...the 20 incher leaves way too much on the table for the power this saw makes. Friday I will be given the 5100 and the 420. I can't wait to cut some cookies with the 5100 along side my XP.

While I'm at it..I want to give some credit to my truck whose tailgate you see in the pic. It is a 1977 F150 supercab with an 8 foot bed. I would be lost without this truck. It starts when I turn the key and it hauls anything I put in the bed. Funny though I can't think of a better way to increase the value of my truck than by putting these two saws in its bed!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Do you haul the proceeds of your expeditions in the truck, or drag a trailer?

I use both, but need a toolbox that won't get eventually destroyed from hauling wood in the bed. Yours looks pristine yet. My 4th one is about toast.

I hear ya on the truck. As a 19 year old kid in 1977, I bought a new F-150 4 wheel drive, $6400, decently equipped,should have bought three of them. Eleven years later in 1989, a 6 cly., manual trans., plain jane custom model F-150 cost me more than twice as much. REJ2.

very nice combo, I want to make my 55 the small saw in a simular setup.

Do you haul the proceeds of your expeditions in the truck, or drag a trailer?

I use both, but need a toolbox that won't get eventually destroyed from hauling wood in the bed. Yours looks pristine yet. My 4th one is about toast.

I use the bed but I gingerly place the first logs in so the bed doesn't get too beat up!

Update---I ran the 7900 again today I am still blown away by this saw. It will be my next saw purchase. I also ran the 5100 (18" w/ 3/8 chain) and it really grew on me. It didn't feel as tourqey as my XP but for being $100 cheaper I certainly would have to consider this saw. I also ran the 420, a small 42 cc saw with a 3/8 Pico chain and I found it to be a very nice small saw. I think a homeowner would love this thing. Very quick and hi revving.

WCA

I know that truck could not have spent much of its life in NE Ohio and look that clean.

Latest posts

Back