1-40 McCulloch Chainsaw Manual Oil Pump rubber seal(not o-ring) needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordmodelB

Reaction score
I have my grandfathers McCulloch 1-40. It is in perfect condition except for needing the soft parts for the manual oiler. I am planning on ordering the IPL for this saw on ebay(McCulloch 1-40 to 1-53 Series Chainsaw Master Illustrated Parts List July 1967) so I can find out the part number. The saw dates from 58-60. Back in the 80s, the part was obsolete, so the saw has been stored away ever since. I would like to use it again and am wondering if the part is available now or if there are workarounds. I will dig up the serial numbers, etc. when I get a chance.

The 1-40 would not have had a manual oiler from the factory, they relied on the "Lubri-Mac" system that scavenged "unburned fuel and crankcase residue" and directed it toward the bar pad.

Yours might have the later add on oil tank on the front of the saw, I am not sure I have ever seen a parts breakdown for one of those.

Mark

The 1-40 would not have had a manual oiler from the factory, they relied on the "Lubri-Mac" system that scavenged "unburned fuel and crankcase residue" and directed it toward the bar pad.

Yours might have the later add on oil tank on the front of the saw, I am not sure I have ever seen a parts breakdown for one of those.

Mark
The 1-40 I picked up a good while back had the side-mounted thumb oiler by the wrap and the saw looked all original so either it was swapped out very early on in life or the good folks at McCulloch started putting those awkward setup on the last few 1-40's.

They may have put some together like that at the factory after they realized the Lubri-Mac system did not work as intended. They recommended a 10:1 mix ratio when using the Lubri-Mac...

The D-30 below (right) is still fit with the Lubri-Mac, the 1-40 (left) has been refit with the partition and oil tank with a manual pump.

McCulloch D-30 and 1-40 002.jpg

Mark

Back