1-85 in big wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At least big for Iowa, I had a chance to use the 1-85 to cut up the trunk of an old elm. Thought some of you might like to see this old saw in action. I picked this saw up from Saw King off eBay late last year and this was my first opportunity to use it. The 1/2" pitch chain really takes some chips. I used the SP125C on the other trunk, much faster and easier than the 1-85 but this old saw still makes a really nice sound.

Mark

????

????????????????????????????????????????????:confused:

Get down around Alison IA and there are some pretty big trees too. Our family farm is down there and we have some big ones.
Jared

Sorry about that

I'm on the road tonight and evidently the hotel system puts some kind of pop up blocker in place.

Another shot of me with the 1-85 in the shop. I know I've shown this photo before, but I kind of like the way it looks.

Sorry but my wife had to hurry home to watch Idol or something and did not stick around to get any photo's of the SP125C in action.

Mark

Tell them to look me up

I'm sure they can find me in the phone book if they need any help cutting some big ones, Alison is only about 30 minutes away. My wood pile is already completely filled out so from here on out this year I'm just cutting for fun.

Part of the same tree in this photo from an earlier day of cutting. Sure am glad I had that carpal tunnel surgery last year...

Mark

Back