10" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbot37

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Over Christmas in my dad's garage I found an old electric saw that belonged to my grandpa. It is a
Craftsman 10" Electric Chainsaw model 315.34140. The handle is broken and I'd one day like to replace that even though finding a replacement without buying a whole other saw is impossible, but that's not my big issue right now. The saw had been dropped on the nose of the bar shoving the chain into it and causing the bar to "open up" on the nose. I beat it and bent it back into place so it looks normal but when the saw runs it throws a few sparks from that part of the bar. I don't particularly want to get a new 10'' bar because it would look out of place. The busted bar is a real old oregon bar which i believe is the original and just looks cool. Anybody have any ideas to either fix the bar or a lead on where to get a replacement?

Below is a link to the only pic I can find of one:

https://picclick.com/Vintage-Sears-Craftsman-10-Electric-Chainsaw-31534140-360544104013.html

Back