$1000.00 reminder I hope you never need or Dave is real dumb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
So in my rush to stock more fun saw stuff, I did something stupid. I placed an order with one of my overseas vendors who I have dealt with several times with no issues. Invoice arrived and it said they were having an issue with their paypal account and would I mind paying by Western Union this time.
Of course I am in a hurry so I ask my wife to pay through western union over the computer and she does.
Well when I send the payment details to the vendor they ask WTF I am talking about.
$976.52 claimed by Tammy Lee

So the scammer had hacked the vendor's e-mail and began sending duplicates of every message with a very similar e-mail address. So many that I didn't notice when a single message came through, in fact I was glad they finally got that fixed. DOH - you never pay by Western Union it's a scam DAVE, you never pay somebody else at another address IT'S a SCAM DAVE they had been working on this for weeks
I am clearly profoundly retarded.
The scammer was good they even used the slightly broken English that my vendor uses, they lulled my normally adequate brain right to sleep, heck my wife is a bank auditor and it didn't raise any flags with her either.
But completely my fault for being a dumba55.
Anyway I let vendor know he needs to check his system after checking mine thoroughly.
Western Union will refund out money if the merchandise doesn't arrive in 15 days.
yeah I got Scammed
DDave

The scammer had to show photo ID that is recorded with their picture and signature to pick up the cash with address, so presumably she will go to jail, but who knows how high a priority that is for law enforcement.
I was really pissed for 3 minutes and then even more pissed at the endless phone menu you have to go through to talk to the fraud division at Western Union, now I just feel dumb, I knew better and if someone else told me the story I would think they were dumb. So at this point it is like loaning $1000 to someone I don't like for two weeks but knowing they have to pay me back and maybe they will get hit by a truck.
Dave

Rule of my thumb is IF I didn't initiate the conversation I don't reply.

And IF there is a chain of emails I start over often with a blank email to go forward. Save the past into the draft folder for reference. Makes it harder for an outsider to pick up details and work a scam.

Finally love to find a scammer at work....with my cant hook.

dQUOTE="fearofpavement, post: 5911044, member: 52318"]This is an old thread but I'm curious if this ever got sorted out @Definitive Dave[/QUOTE]
Oh hell yeah it got sorted out, the crafty ***** got to the western union in her town bright and early and got her free money and used a fake ID to get it.
Western Union never made good on the info they gave, it turns out it was totally wrong and there was never any chance to reverse anything and they didn't even let the claiming office know it was a scam.
And police in her state can t do anything because of the fake ID.
Have to file suit against western union in their home state so basicly Dave takes it in the pooper
damn I hate a crook
western union is a criminal enterprise
hell they ****ed me on another transaction too
a guy here on AS paid me through western union but they require you to give them all of your personal info including social security number to pick up any cash and in addition you have to sign paperwork allowing them to use or sell your personal information for anything they want without even notifying you, they can suck my shriveled **** all damn year and I aint signing that
**** those ****ing ****s they can eat my ****
WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE

Ok, thanks for the update. Sorry how it turned out. Whenever I see "Western Union" my scam alert system starts beeping and flashing.

Latest posts

Back