141 Husky & The Crap Dumpomatic Choke

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dizzy: OH CONTRAIR or however you spell it:dizzy:
Let me be real clear on that one. You just touch the trigger in the slightest and it is spring loaded back to full off.:jawdrop: .....

That sound a tad extreme, but you are not supposed to touch the trigger before the saw is started and running at fast idle.

Yup, it ran real good until it sucked a carb mounting nut. Crankshafts don't like that. Dealer never heard of it happening but Husky sure did. A real prize. As for the carb we never could get it to really catch reliably without dying out even with the plugs removed. I think for now that puppy is going under the bench in the hope some day I feel like messing around with it which I probably won't .

drizler, what are you trying to say? "As for the carb we never could get it to really catch reliably without dying out even with the plugs removed."

By catch I mean it won't stay running. It tries to start but needs a shot of gas to keep it running. When you touch the trigger it drops the choke and it dies immediately. I know in that perfect world you don't need to touch the power to keep any machine running but lets face it this saw now and only the rare exception don't need sometime in their life a shot of fast idle or power to keep running. With mine if I set the idle up any more its too fast and the chain is moving. Hell all I need it a choke that works manually but their design makes it real hard to modify. Like I said its going under the bench till I find a donor recoil starter side cover for next to nothing anyways and in the mean time I am getting something else....

Sounds like you need to learn what you're doing. These saws are not designed to run at idle with choke on, and would immediately flood if set that way. At fast idle, the choke is manually controlled, at least on the husky's I've run. You hit the throttle at any time though, and the saw reverts to idle, where choke will not work. Your carb either needs adjusted or you have an air leak somewhere. That's not the fault of the choke setup.

What you're doing is like blaiming your headache on a pharmacist who is out of Tylenol.

Last edited:
Back