'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I started using the echo 50:1 canned premix.
My cs400 used to start in 4-5 pulls cold, starts in 1 now with only 1 full tank ran through it.
Stuff is like gold

By the way, I started using the echo 50:1 canned premix.
My cs400 used to start in 4-5 pulls cold, starts in 1 now with only 1 full tank ran through it.
Stuff is like gold

Nice, the Red Armor oil is real good, I run it in all my saws 40:1. That 400 once its broken in and muffler modded (tuned as well) will make a great saw! I would be happy to help you muffler mod the 600 if your like...

I'm up in the mountains. Took a couple videos. Threw a new plug in the cs400 but still didn't run the best. Tried tuning it but I know nothing about carbs.
I really want a muffler mod / port job now this thing has been acting up.
How much would a full out muffler mod/gasket delete/port cost? And to ship it to someone (if anyone would like to do the work for me)
I just have no idea about porting and would rather have someone do it all and tune it for me.

I'm up in the mountains. Took a couple videos. Threw a new plug in the cs400 but still didn't run the best. Tried tuning it but I know nothing about carbs.
I really want a muffler mod / port job now this thing has been acting up.
How much would a full out muffler mod/gasket delete/port cost? And to ship it to someone (if anyone would like to do the work for me)
I just have no idea about porting and would rather have someone do it all and tune it for me.

Well because of engine design the gasket delete would only be applicable to the CS600... I would think cause you are on the other side of the US shipping would be $50 each way, the work isn't much, maybe $70 to be nice for someones time/materials/nice deflector... Honestly just hit up Mike (Rattler362) he isn't too far from you so shipping wouldn't be bad and he could do whatever you wanted for a very fair price... Is the CS600 broken in yet?

Well because of engine design the gasket delete would only be applicable to the CS600... I would think cause you are on the other side of the US shipping would be $50 each way, the work isn't much, maybe $70 to be nice for someones time/materials/nice deflector... Honestly just hit up Mike (Rattler362) he isn't too far from you so shipping wouldn't be bad and he could do whatever you wanted for a very fair price... Is the CS600 broken in yet?

I think his 400 is out of tune. Shipping his saws across the country to be mm and ported is not going to relieve him from the responsibility of keeping his saws in tune, especially a ported one. I have trouble believing a guy that rebuilds car engines is leery of doing a muffler mod and learning how to tune a saw. I am not trying to be overly critical , but he needs to learn the basics.

It's not that I'm leery, but for example I wouldn't tackle a full on power stroke rebuild (headstuds gaskets etc.) because I don't know them well enough. Cummins I know well and know all the little tricks so I feel comfortable doing so.
I'd rather someone with massive knowledge of echo saws to do the work, also I don't have a lot of free time.
I messed with the low and high pins on my carb but with the stock "caps" if that's correct I didn't really notice a difference besides that at WOT the high side bogged it down when I turned it all the way clockwise

Also, a lot of people know how to tear down a motor and rebuild one.
But few know how to run a stand alone computer and tune a car.
I know jack about 2 strokes and have no idea what I'm doing with carbs. Do I want to learn, yes. But like I said would rather have a person with experience to do the porting etc. so I know it's done right.

So make sure you know what does what on a carb. The "L" or low side is responsible for off idle response, too much fuel it can bog and die, too little fuel it can hesitate and accel slowly. The "H" or high side is what 2 strokes really use on the upper end for power. Too much fuel and it will burble or "4 stroke" in the cut. Too little it will run lean, hot and toast you engine. Some saws are hard to "read" by ear if they have a limited (RPM restricted coil) because they can sound like they are 4 stroking even when they are running lean (cause they are bouncing off the rev limited. This is why its good to have an unlimited coil so you don't have to wonder just what you are hearing at high RPM. Where is you 400 lacking or running rough?

Looks like a good burn pattern to me. Ideas ? Note the timed spark plug (electrode towards combustion chamber) and swiss cheese air box mod.

On v8 muscle cars we always timed plugs toward the intake valve. So it made sense to me to point it at the air fuel mix in the combustion chamber. I noticed a difference right away. Also port matched and polished jug intake and exhaust, muff, and air box.

Latest posts

Back