'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few spare cs400s around too so if you need extra parts let me know,,, I think you would have fun working on it though,,, pretty simple motor. Good to tinker on.

I started a thread about this many years back, even included some photos, which were later lost in a site server crash.

I have a CS-440 (not a 4400, not an EVL) needing a good P&C and brake band. To answer the inevitable question, both the P&C are badly scored; no way to salvage the C. The cost of new OEM is very near what a clean used CS-440 sells for. If anyone has a good P&C (my understanding is 520 top end will work) for sale or trade, or is interested in the carcass, let me know.

Yeah a complete "short block" even though it's cylinder piston rod crankcase etc. is $150ish on sawagain.com
Might just run it (still runs decent) and mod the muffler and wait to see if it explodes.

Yeah a complete "short block" even though it's cylinder piston rod crankcase etc. is $150ish on sawagain.com
Might just run it (still runs decent) and mod the muffler and wait to see if it explodes.

I would at least pull it apart and see whats going on, you may be able to clean up the cyl now and throw in a new ring and clean the piston and have it be a great saw... but if you just more it and run it to the ground then its gonna be hardbroke...

I do have the CS-440 apart, and no, the p&c are heavily scored. When the photos were still up, the consensus here on AS was definitely need to replace both. I even checked around with a few shops, a couple are authorized Echo dealerships, but it was No Go on a used top end or a parts saw with a good top end.

So I drilled a 3/8" hole threw my cat on the muffler (cs400) and cleaned up the exit and took off the extra "flap" of metal on the shroud. Boy does it feel like a different saw. I haven't even tuned it yet, need to take the limiter caps off if someone has a video or write up on how.
Then I have to learn how to tune these things.
So far I'm glad I modded my own muffler.
As for the 620 since its brand new and beautiful I'm probably going to have reed mod that saw. I don't want to mess up such a beauty.
I'll take pics of the muffler tomorrow. KEEP IN MIND ITS NOTHING PRETTY haha.

Quick question, it's safe to power wash a chainsaw right? As long as the intake/exhaust don't get water in them. I always wipe them down but man would it be easier lol

Sweet. I wouldn't try and get the ignition with the pressure washer but it should be fine. Bet the 400 sounds a lot better!!! Congrats

Power washing and even high air pressure have one large down fall you need to be aware of. The pressure can push dirt and debris into places you do not want it like bearings or throttle cables, even pushing dirt through air filters. Just be very careful.
I find cleaning the saws after ever use does not require any elbow grease and the saws stay clean.

For dirty parts where you can see where the dirt goes, and water won't hurt anything, PW is fine, and quick. I prefer spray bottles with a strong stream, one a cleaner mix (I use generic purple cleaner, but just about any of them will get the job done) and one with plain water for rinsing. That way I can direct the spray only where I want it to go. And I thoroughly blast the parts with an air gun hooked up to a compressor.

At one time I had posted photos of my Parts Washing Set-Up (several plastic 5 gallon buckets with strategically drilled holes, and a cone shaped sieve for bolts, screws, etc.). The posts were kind of humorous as well. Unfortunately the images got lost in an AS server crash.

Be sure and check the piston support that it doesn't bottom out

10-4 it checks out ok. .018 on my mititoyo calipers and full flush base to case. Thanks @ rattler362. No time for a piss rev video to busy checking temp and tune. I'll torque the head tomorrow and do a vid. Lots more pop.

Latest posts

Back