'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 20" bar is very effective. However a 24/25" bar is nice if you want a bit of reach for limbing and as long as it oils well enough you will be fine just might be a touch slower in some situations and bog a little easier. You can always latter add a 20" for a reasonable price. It doesn't need to be a stihl bar just stihl mount. @fordf150 has total bars at a good price and you could even go cheaper with a Forrester or Bailey's woodland pro. 60cc is pretty versatile saws and having two or more bar lengths come in handy. Especially if you pinch your bar you can take remove the power head put on your second bar and free it. Thankfully that is easily done with the inboard clutch. With some saws you have to remove the stupid outboard clutch to do that. (Poke poke)
very limited selection but Total has a cheap line of bars too. 20 and 24" RSN bars for small/large husky plus stihl mount. I have been slacking and dont have all of them listed on the site though. http://performanceoutdoorequipment....replaceable-sprocket-nose-bar-20-3-8-050-72dl

Thank you CoreyB, I appreciate the info. As to 7sleeper, I don't understand why your response was so negative? I was actually looking for a 22" bar the day I went into the dealer, for a little extra reach. On hand all he had were 20" 25" .063, and 25" .050 on hand and no RM semi chisel chain, just RS3 full chisel and skip. If I had big bar "syndrome" I would of hurried and mounted the bar and chain. Instead I've been trying to research if made an error in my purchase before proceeding. Was just looking for some good reliable information. Thank you for the 10 year old response though.
Hi Bat,

no personal offense meant, well to be completely honest I was baiting you a little... :D.

What I don't understand is how much have you actually used your new saw? Further there are so many alternatives to Stihl bars that I donot understand why you pick one of the more difficult paths.

A 20" bar is very effective. However a 24/25" bar is nice if you want a bit of reach for limbing and as long as it oils well enough you will be fine just might be a touch slower in some situations and bog a little easier. You can always latter add a 20" for a reasonable price. It doesn't need to be a stihl bar just stihl mount. @fordf150 has total bars at a good price and you could even go cheaper with a Forrester or Bailey's woodland pro. 60cc is pretty versatile saws and having two or more bar lengths come in handy. Especially if you pinch your bar you can take remove the power head put on your second bar and free it. Thankfully that is easily done with the inboard clutch. With some saws you have to remove the stupid outboard clutch to do that. (Poke poke)

LOL I see what you did there....and I like it:yes:

Wow that was a long thread! Took me 4 days of casual going over to get here. I've got a 590. Nice machine. Running a bit lean on low adjustment need to bring into dealer. Stupid red plugs! Don't want to void my warranty if I don't have to. Picked up for $399 in Canada last January. About 4 tenks of fuel through it. This happened this weekend

All the pieces are about 4' long

Anyone know the price of the 620 full wrap handle bar and where I can buy one I've been searching online struck out. Thanks dave
I have a half wrap for sale, dual port, base gasket delete ready to rock :)

On barsbone thing I like now is the Forester Platinum bar in Stihl mount, 24" cause I can run itnon my echos or huskys with F150s adaptors and run only 84 DL Chains!!!!

I'm not sure where to post this, but since this is the most active Echo around here at AS, here goes.

Yesterday I went to the local hardware store near us.

Background: At one time it was a very active Ace Hardware store and an authorized Echo dealership complete with a repair shop. For some reason it closed and stayed closed for quite a while (I don't remember for how long). It reopened as an independent store that didn't last long (they didn't bring in much fresh stock, the items on the shelf were deteriorating, drying up, etc.). The store eventually becoming part of a hardware store chain that I'd never hear of.

It's now an Ace store again. While I was waiting to have some Plexiglas cut, I saw a display with a NOS Echo CS-370. I don't when Echo dropped that model, but it must've been several/many years ago. I didn't ask the price because I was in a hurry to get home and make some repairs.

Back