150# compression, blue spark, fuel supplied.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieHorse

Reaction score
I mostly do trees but for myself I got a used TS 510 chainsaw body built as cut-off saw to do a couple things. The 510 uses some 89cc chainsaw body, puts a plug in the oiler and builds as a cut off. My saw ran well for half a recent job, then started losing upper end power after 10 minutes and getting warm, but would gain rpms if not cutting and the throttle was just blipped a few times, and then would cut for a couple seconds and lose strength again. I let it cool, all that happened again.

So, replaced ignition coil, plug, wire, boot. Started after many pulls, ran 5 seconds, wouldn't accelerate. Repeat. Then, would not do that.
Replaced carb upper and lower gaskets and diaphragms, fuel line and filter. Carb was clean and looked fine. Can blow in the line that goes to the body of the saw, doesn't seem cracked. Arrestor is clean.
Not even any starting signs now when pull cord, little bit of smoke a couple times, kind of drifting out of exhaust. Pulled carb apart again and checked diaphragm pin was seated in little toggle metal on rod, it was on it, bent it up a bit in hopes of some response, so now it's not level when it's laying there, maybe 5 degrees up, 15 at most, barely noticeable.
I do have it on run (it ran a couple times), the choke looks good, all hoses hooked back up, carb tightened down pretty good, and covers on it. Compression is 150, blue spark, fuel runs out of exhaust after a number of pulls and tilt saw sideways. Not exactly sure on carb settings, it was 4.5 turns out on the LA and the L and H have some little plastic jigs over the screws and only turn about 3/4 turn range. What will it take to get this thing to make some noise?

The air filters on those things sometimes get soaked with fuel spitback and become very restrictive when the soaked filter gets caked with dust. That's one thing to check.

Back