No fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninky

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Recently went to start a Sachs 117 that has been sitting for 4 years because of a medical condition. Saw won't start. Little fuel down carb and she fired right off. Idled and ran without any problem. Thought about removing it and shooting it with some carb cleaner and decided to go for it. Reinstalled carb and now no start no matter what I do. I know from many past failures I caused the problem but what did I do wrong? All I did was remove the top and bottom covers and spray away.

Recently went to start a Sachs 117 that has been sitting for 4 years because of a medical condition. Saw won't start. Little fuel down carb and she fired right off. Idled and ran without any problem. Thought about removing it and shooting it with some carb cleaner and decided to go for it. Reinstalled carb and now no start no matter what I do. I know from many past failures I caused the problem but what did I do wrong? All I did was remove the top and bottom covers and spray away.
Gas line and or filter clogged with shellac from the last 4 yrs. And, the carb is also going to be clogged up. It “started” because you gave it gas directly.

Latest posts

Back