18" bar..How many...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oregon 3/8 18" is 68, so GB 3/8 is probably about 67. They always seem to be off one or two.

Can't say about the .325

I got 3/8 18" stihl bar on my 361´s, and my chains are 66 drivers! but maybe it´s different on gb bars!!??

What kind of oregonbar do you have ekka? i also have a oregon 18" pro-lite bar and it´s 66 drivers!! also it say´s at oregons site that it should be 66 drivers on their 18" bars! but maybe you have 8t rim sprocket? i have orginal 7t sprocket!!

the swede said:
What kind of oregonbar do you have ekka? i also have a oregon 18" pro-lite bar and it´s 66 drivers!! also it say´s at oregons site that it should be 66 drivers on their 18" bars! but maybe you have 8t rim sprocket? i have orginal 7t sprocket!!

The prolite has a non replacable tip, right? The non replacable tips are 66 DL, while the replacable tips are 68 DL

Ohh i see! that´s good to know! because oregons chain and bar guide say´s 66 drivers even on the power match bar!! liars!!!! or maybe there is different sizes on the tip´s?(radius)to choose? i got both "e" and "es" 25" stihlbar! and they use the same chains(84dl) that´s good!

my GB bar book says 66 on the 18" bars for the standard stihl mount. so far i have not had a GB bar that took any diffrent DL counts from the other brands.

The pro lite actually is a replaceable nose sprocket, but everyone throws out the bar when they are worn cause they are cheap, the new sprocket is about 1/2 the cost of a new bar, and its a b*** to drill out that nose srocket. I doubt if the replaceable sprocket nose makes any difference in DL count what matters is the chain pitcha nd bar length. Even a hardnose and sprocketnose are the same length if the pitch stays constant!

Freakingstang said:
oregon 3/8 18" is 68. ...
Not with D025 mount - then it is 66, like the Stihl bars.
Freakingstang said:
The prolite has a non replacable tip, right? The non replacable tips are 66 DL, while the replacable tips are 68 DL

Not according to the Oregon Selector Guide, it is all about 66 DL, both Power match and Pro-lite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back