192T Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
balance is ok.

i just have to make my cut ALL the way AROUND when blocking down logs.

my BIGGEST complaint is i always run out of gas in the saw before i finish trees like this

tree004-1.jpg

tree005.jpg

trees003.jpg

Miller, you need to put a helmet on that chrome dome! All it takes is the butt end of a single 1" diameter branch falling 20' to strike you in the head and you're worm food. If you've got a family, wear it for their sake. If not, wear it for yours.

Work safe, neighbor!

ive got a 14" on a 192T and would almost consider going smaller. i full throttle mine for about 2 seconds before going into the cut and im constantly whittling/rocking it to keep the revs high. i can stall a sharp chain at will without pushing very hard at all. not terrible in pine but little lacking for hardwoods.

i have 2 192t's, 1 12" & 1 16". I climb with the 12" and use the 16" in the bucket. I have to say that if you keep your chain sharp and keep the revs up you will do just fine with the 16". Try not to cut anything at max bar length. The bar will plug and bog down in the cut. Other than that the 16" is just fine. That being said, i plan on getting the 200t next go round. The extra hp and larger chain will be so much nicer when that branch is just barely in reach. And it will make the cutting so much faster. The slight extra weight will try to suck my harness off that much faster, but i think i can live with it.

+1

Today, I ordered a 3005-000-7405 LW 12" Rollomatice E Light bar for the 192T. I did this based on how much weight difference I felt with the E-Light 14" bar on the MS211 versus the standard E bar.

I'm thinking of trying a 12" Micro bar/chain a try on the 192T.

OK...

I thought I would post some 12" and 14" bar weights. Weights are without chain, just the bar.

3/8" P .050"
13.4 oz. - 14" Stihl Rollomatic E-Light
17.8 oz. - 14" Stihl Rollomatic E

11.6 oz. - 12" Stihl Rolloamatic E-Light
14.9 oz. - 12" Stihl Rolloamatic E
16.7 oz. - 12" Forester Pro

3/8"P .043" - NF
11.9 oz. - 12" Oregon Micro-Lite (124MLEA074)

While the 12" E-Light .050" is the lightest bar in my collection, once the chain weight is taken into account, the Oregon 12" NF the lightest bar/chain option should be the lightest overall.

I will post weights with chains when some 12" NF loops arrive from Bailey's.

200t with a 16" is fine.. I didn't care for the 192 when I ran one.. reminded me of one of those orange saws lol except it was balanced better for "2" handed use.

I agree, i ran the 192t with Asplundh and I didnt like it. I have my 200t now and would never think about going back. Spend the extra bucks and get yourself the 200t it will be worth every penny!

by milling out the muffler and deflector a little bit, my 192s run the same times as 200s...

and their how many hundred dollars less???

If I were working up in the tree all day, I too would rather have the 200T.

However, the 192T is enough for me as well. The extra $$$ I saved versus the 200T, paid for a MS211, which is a better choice for the ground chores I would have tried with the 200T.

Latest posts

Back