Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I didn't know they had trees back then but that is when they said it was planted.

5houroak007.jpg

I spent about 4 hours climbing round in it ( 5 on total job) and whaa-laa

5houroak008.jpg

It looks the same.

I had walked around the bottom looking for a shot to take with the sling shot. First shot cleared all the twigs in its path and flew in that crotch about 3 inches from the bottom dead center... I had my eyes closed the whole time.
anyway some more history

5houroak002.jpg

Those marks in the trunk were made by an insect called bullchitteous climberus. Its hard to kill.

Last edited:
You missed some dead, last pic, lower right front.

Just bustin dano. Thats a really sweet looking job right there.

Quercus Palustris correct? some nasty stuff to prune out eh?

Who's crutch is that?

I had walked around the bottom looking for a shot to take with the sling shot. First shot cleared all the twigs in its path and flew in that crotch about 3 inches from the bottom dead center... I had my eyes closed the whole time.
anyway some more history

5houroak002.jpg

Those marks in the trunk were made by an insect called bullchitteous climberus. Its hard to kill.

that looks like spike marks tom trees

You missed some dead, last pic, lower right front.

Just bustin dano. Thats a really sweet looking job right there.

Quercus Palustris correct? some nasty stuff to prune out eh?

Who's crutch is that?

The Proposal stated ( underlined in red marker) major dead only. I set TIP at 5 inch dia. IT got a little breezy walking out limbs but I had 2 ropes and the tail of the 200 line so reallyit was good. I estismated 4 hours to do what they wanted and figured another 2 to get ALL the scraggy stuff out.
I hesitated to cut any live out of my way unless I broke it getting through. Of course I had to take time to lower the 3 lower limbs to avoid damage to trunk. The only branch I went all the way out on was the one over the house which needed lifting. I hit it once and on the way back I heard the HO say something about " MORE" so I jumped back out to hit the longest lead at the end( 2 inch dia) with my 20. Of course the guys had a ladder and could have done it from the roof no problem.
As far as nasty? Far from it I think as there are worse things out there. One would be going up on the crutch which I don't. Its done, its not mine, I don't use it for nothing. I went up on the Patin and hand held which enable me to easily stop and send the low limbs down. TIPS was an easy limb climb the rest of the way. From there at any given time I had 3 taughtlines hanging ( 4 wrap prussick) so it was a slow walk in the park which afterwards I was pretty tired so I went home.

Latest posts

Back