Bandit 18xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristCraneGuy

Reaction score
Hello group! So here's the run down...
Small business 4 guys, but we rock and roll. Crane, bobcats, manlift, bucket and a couple chippers. So my 2020 bandit 18xp at 380 hours started shutting off. Repeatedly, code error stated low coolant. Filled it up blew it out the overflow with 10 minutes. John Deere said they tested the head gasket and it's fine. Air pocket in the radiator. I take it home 5 minutes later same issue. Then they swear it is the head gasket. Replace the head gasket send the head for inspection all that. Same issue 5 min after it gets home, 11k bill to the warranty. Total fraud. Ok I take it to Sacrament they have a bigger John Deere shop, same deal. We think it's the head. Oh wait the heads perfectly straight and the gasket was good. Now we think EGR. I'm not looking for a diag, I'm looking for advice from you guys as far as warranty and lemon law. I've been down 5 months now and it's not rebuilt. Still in the diag phase. 380 on a 100k diesel. Chipper. Looking into the future I can tell warranty will be out in 6 mo and I'll be stuck with this unit

Hello group! So here's the run down...
Small business 4 guys, but we rock and roll. Crane, bobcats, manlift, bucket and a couple chippers. So my 2020 bandit 18xp at 380 hours started shutting off. Repeatedly, code error stated low coolant. Filled it up blew it out the overflow with 10 minutes. John Deere said they tested the head gasket and it's fine. Air pocket in the radiator. I take it home 5 minutes later same issue. Then they swear it is the head gasket. Replace the head gasket send the head for inspection all that. Same issue 5 min after it gets home, 11k bill to the warranty. Total fraud. Ok I take it to Sacrament they have a bigger John Deere shop, same deal. We think it's the head. Oh wait the heads perfectly straight and the gasket was good. Now we think EGR. I'm not looking for a diag, I'm looking for advice from you guys as far as warranty and lemon law. I've been down 5 months now and it's not rebuilt. Still in the diag phase. 380 on a 100k diesel. Chipper. Looking into the future I can tell warranty will be out in 6 mo and I'll be stuck with this unit
The best thing you could do is find an old School Diesel repair shop that is known to be able to fix anything and go there. Sounds like the idiots don't know what they are doing, that diesel isn't terribly complicated. Is the coolant temp rising on the gauge, tripping the Murphy switch, or is just the coolant temp shutting it? It does sound like a head gasket, possibly. I wonder if the thermostat is sticking or your fan belt is loose, radiator clogged with sawdust?

Call an attorney tell him you suffered damages and a great loss over months and have him threaten to sue them !

Latest posts

Back