193T Accelerator Pump Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically the classic 200T bog (without the 200T benefits) along with extreme sluggishness hitting the 'new and improved' strato-ized 13k top end. Carb's been through the USC and has new gaskets and diaphragms but I didn't put a pump kit in it. Thought if I could defeat the circuit successfully I'd just do that instead. Tree service saw that has seen a lot of use but is still in decent shape otherwise. New carb is $68 and I don't want to go there for the guy if I can "fix" the current one by eliminating the pump circuit. I've done a few of the 200T C1Q's with good results.

Hmm, that's out of my league Pogo. I pretty much do factory repairs, I've never really dinked around with trying to bypass circuits in carbs. Have you taken the pump out to examine it, see if the o-ring or body itself is worn/damaged?

I didn't mess with the pump when I cleaned and kitted it. A little more fine..., (and I do mean fine) tuning seems to have made a difference but it still isn't totally happy. I've worked on this saw several time since the guy bought it and it's never run right.

You can search '200T carb' and find several threads about defeating the accelerator pump on those C1Qs if you're interested in what that's about. I've done three and two of em worked great with the third not responding as it should have. If done correctly the method generally works. That said, there's a decent aftermarket carb for the 200Ts that's fully adjustable (no fixed hi jet) without the accelerator pump that has seen some acceptance. I've used one of those too and was very happy with it.

Back