1984 Ford F150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Traded a ’98 Honda CR-V with a bad trans & 225K miles and a 346xp for this.
011.jpg

1984 Ford F150 4x4 302 / C6
Lived its life on a farm and is in great shape with low miles, just faded from the sun. Been looking for a new wood wagon for a while. Would love a new one but would hate the payments.
013.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

greendohn

greendohn

firewood hack
s.e.indiana, close to the old slow and muddy
Great find !! Lucky you ! I agree w/you on avoiding the payments, especially on a work truck. i bought one new GMC back in '94 and after a couple years of wood cuttin' I thought, never again. I understand the 302 is a great engine and as mentioned earlier,,,it oughtta be easy to work on. Hope it gives you many years of service.

powerking

powerking

ArboristSite Guru
...As others have mentioned, You got yourself a sweet set of wheels there, should you ever need parts for that 302, there is plenty around! I miss my 96 Ford with the 302, not a ton or torque like the 300, but it got fairly decent lieage and ya couldnt kill it.....Had to "upgrade" to a ext cab once the family started...then upgraded again to a crewcab....hell the bed of the truck just keeps getting smaller on me!! Thank god for trailers!

motobike

motobike

ArboristSite Operative
Nice Ford

That is a nice truck.

Up here in the winter/salt belt, they are just about all gone. Too bad because they were tough.

I bought a E-350 Van from down south and it too, had faded paint, baked off I guess; but I drove that Ford for about 8 years and did nothing to it. I was still running strong when I sold it.

The new ones are not made that way .

Nice truck, Mang. I looked long and hard for a 1984, coz I grew up with an '84 Ford my parents owned and sorta was sentimental. I ended up with a 1988 Ford Bronco instead with a 5 speed 4:10's, slight lift, 31's(was wearing 33's in a previous life I am told), 4X4 Trac Lok rear diff, 302. I did OK I hope.

large.jpg

Last edited:
terryknight

terryknight

ArboristSite Operative
love the old fords. looks like you got a good one. growing up we had an 81 f150 4x4, 351, C6 posi front and rear wih a plow it was beastly but it sucked some fuel down

SS Sniper

SS Sniper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice truck, i'm looking for a 1991 Ford f-250 4x4 7.3 liter IDI diesel. Those were the best motors in any Ford truck IMHO.
Ford, International Harvester, Husqvarna and Jonsered. :rock::rock::laugh:

Latest posts