1995 vermeer 1250 auto feed is malfunctioning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicmic

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My vermeer 1250 has autofeed ,but when i turn it on the intake wheels just stick.It would be great to use this function because i wouldnt have to babysit my chipper.does anybody have any ideas?

Dan, I'm researching the valve you will need a 2 position electrically controled Hydraulic valve for it to work with the reverse.Or just a single position for just forward.Of course the reverse will pull the blades away from the cutter for faster rpm regain. I'll have the info on that Monday. I'm not sure how much it will be yet .The control Company doesnt sell a valve.Now if you already have some type of auto feed you wont need a new valve.

TreeJunkie said:
My current auto feed system doesn't work either- Would vermeer install that system if needed?

I Dont know, after i get my control and valve I'll post on assembly directions. I talked to Kurt Snider the owner he designed the unit he could probably walk you thru installation over the phone.

magic, Call Vermeer and get instructions on how to adjust the auto feed. Likely the on/off sensor, which is tied to the rpm/tach, is out of adjustment.

Latest posts

Back